cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps for Gear VR do not install on Android

mga010
Honored Guest
I have consulted the net but not found a solution to the following problem: I have the Oculus App running and it shows me some apps which I could download. But on the page of the App, it only says "Gekauft" (bought), and it never installs. I have 20 GB internal space and even more on my SD card. This is a Galaxy S8. I have the Facebook App running and enabled. One suggestion was to enable the Facebook App Installer and Manager. There is no such App on my smartphone.
15 REPLIES 15

mga010
Honored Guest
Solved. You need to enable the display of "System Apps". Then activate if it is disabled.

gary_w_howard_5
Honored Guest
Hi, I can't download some apps for my gear vr on galaxy s8. It starts to download but then says "could not download" at the end. Everything that needs to be enabled , I.e. facebook, oculus etc is enabled. I've updated my phone's software. I've done everything oculus has told me to do, to mo avail. I have downloaded many before but it just won't work for some now. Any ideas?

JoeBurrows
Honored Guest
I have same problem - any solution?

jonypolitori93
Honored Guest
Me either!

ricky_vanlaning
Honored Guest

Hi, I can't download some apps for my gear vr on galaxy s8. It starts to download but then says "could not download" at the end. Everything that needs to be enabled , I.e. facebook, oculus etc is enabled. I've updated my phone's software. I've done everything oculus has told me to do, to mo avail. I have downloaded many before but it just won't work for some now. Any ideas

sefkan_bayram
Honored Guest
You guys solved the problem? I have the same problem..

phmelomorais
Honored Guest
Same problem on S10. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Me too on the same boat. I have s10

Anonymous
Not applicable

mga010 said:

Solved. You need to enable the display of "System Apps". Then activate if it is disabled.

Where is the setting