cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delays and Bugs

Welby
Adventurer
Hi all!

I think there are some bugs or delay on the Share section,for example i've submitted more time some youtube videos on the page of some demos more than 1 month ago (the first time was moooooore than 1 month ago)but nothing was happened.

I've submitted the update of my demo the 11 of January but nothing is happened yet and the update is still "submitted".

At the moment is more or less impossible to have the latest version on the share section because the time to accepted the new update is very long,also i updated for the first time my demo on share section from v1.0 to v1.1 and in the preview i could see "v1.1" but when it was accepted i could see another time only v1.0 also if the download was for the version v1.1 but obiuvsly this is absolutely not a big deal.

However,if there will be a "Share section" in the Oculus forum also in the future i hope that somebody of the Oculus team can do that specifically.

Take for example RiftMax,it was a really good demo but it's impossible for him to submitted now the latest version because he have to update the demo every week,and it's a pity that he can't share his demo on the share section now.

That's all, Thanks 😄
4 REPLIES 4

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, I do think we can do a better job here. Basically the issue is that submissions (or videos) need to be manually approved, and we don't have a dedicated person to handle it. However, this should improve over time.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

BaseDeltaZero
Honored Guest
"cybereality" wrote:
Yes, I do think we can do a better job here. Basically the issue is that submissions (or videos) need to be manually approved, and we don't have a dedicated person to handle it. However, this should improve over time.

Hey Cyber Reality, you guys are doing an awesome job, dont stress 🙂 im sure you have bigger things to work on.

Something to keep in mind, its currently easy to game the share site by using things like quotes in the title to make sure your game is listed at the top alphabetically. such as that "Basketball" game

https://share.oculus.com/category/all

not a problem at the moment, but as the share site gets more demos, i can see people using that tactic.
Ambient Flight Eagle Flight Experience Dinosaur Voyage Running from Dinosaurs

Welby
Adventurer
"cybereality" wrote:

Yes Cyber,no problem 😄 . I could imagine that but everytime i think that something can improve from Oculus i would say even if it's a obvius thing i prefer to say ^^

All the team do a really great job everyday,don't worry :lol:

cybereality
Grand Champion
"basedeltazero" wrote:
not a problem at the moment, but as the share site gets more demos, i can see people using that tactic.

Hmm.. Seems like a cheat to me. I'll see about fixing this. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV