cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP VR CINEMA!!!

drlazer19
Honored Guest
I apologize if this thread is in the wrong area but ive waited so long to finally receive this beautiful Dev Kits and cannot for the life of Christ figure out why my VR Cinema 3D demo cannot play movies on the big screen and go's to a white screen after the quick demo intro loads. I deleted the original movie file that was there, replaced it with harry potter; i renamed that harry potter movie "movie.avi" and still white screening on me..... Some one please help me, i want to experience a 3d movie actually playing on this screen!!
18 REPLIES 18

raidho36
Explorer
Actually no, you just have to rename it. This is obviously because the media file path and name is hardcoded into the program. It uses system-installed codecs to actually playback the video. File exension is merely a part of it's name and has nothing to do with the actual file contents.

pietaco05
Honored Guest
"drlazer19" wrote:
I apologize if this thread is in the wrong area but ive waited so long to finally receive this beautiful Dev Kits and cannot for the life of Christ figure out why my VR Cinema 3D demo cannot play movies on the big screen and go's to a white screen after the quick demo intro loads. I deleted the original movie file that was there, replaced it with harry potter; i renamed that harry potter movie "movie.avi" and still white screening on me..... Some one please help me, i want to experience a 3d movie actually playing on this screen!!

Hi i'm wondering if you've gotten this working yet. I'm haveing the same issue only I have sound but still only a white screen. So if youve got it working what did you do to fix it?

Thanks

xnitro
Honored Guest
"pietaco05" wrote:
"drlazer19" wrote:

Hi i'm wondering if you've gotten this working yet. I'm haveing the same issue only I have sound but still only a white screen. So if youve got it working what did you do to fix it?

Thanks

Have you tried installing the correct Video Codecs?

kludermor
Honored Guest
Just FYI

I got vr cinema to work correct after finding out, you have to enable file extension view. Renaming a file movie.avi doesn't work, if the hidden file extension still says .mp4. Then the file is called movie.avi.mp4 but .mp4 is hidden by default.

I can now rename many formats including sbs 3D content, and get it to show correct in the cinema.

The cinema HUD sometimes takes ages to respond though.

HAWKEYE481
Honored Guest
Hey I've had some similar problems but I'm only basing it on setup with out the rift, however have renamed the files but each video I play after it's been renamed to movie.avi seems to constantly jump along with the sound but doesn't if played on it's own when not in VR Cinema, any views on what I can do to stop this?

Also how should 3D films look on the monitor (not the rift) as one I downloaded earlier showed four screens? And any good links for downloadable 3D content
"Some people say VR can take you anywhere in the world, I say VR can take you anywhere in your imagination" Intelligent-Visuals http://www.ivvr.uk http://www.intelligent-visuals.com https://www.facebook.com/intelligentvisuals

silar
Explorer
Go on the developer's website and get the latest version. It has a dialog that pops up and lets you choose a different location for the file. Also, start with a basic AVI file first, then move to other formats..

sadistsmurf
Honored Guest
I hope that maybe this helps you. I had the same problem with VR Cinema and Riftmax. I finally dug through the forums here and for Riftmax, and found out that all I needed to do was shorten the file names.

So, instead of "Avatar-2009-3d-sbs-1080p.avi, change it to Avatar.avi, ect.

If you have a lot of files to change, uou could use a program like Filebot. It pulls data on movies, music videos and tv series episodes, and renames the files for you.

I hope this helps you, or someone else.

Moofers
Honored Guest
"sadistsmurf" wrote:
I hope that maybe this helps you. I had the same problem with VR Cinema and Riftmax. I finally dug through the forums here and for Riftmax, and found out that all I needed to do was shorten the file names.

So, instead of "Avatar-2009-3d-sbs-1080p.avi, change it to Avatar.avi, ect.

If you have a lot of files to change, uou could use a program like Filebot. It pulls data on movies, music videos and tv series episodes, and renames the files for you.

I hope this helps you, or someone else.

This worked for me, renamed to a short filename no spaces and it worked. No need to change file extension.

spyro
Expert Protege
I also got many problems with VRCinema. No file is playing (white screen) despite I've installed ffdshow which should decode almost every single format on the planet. The only file which works is a sample WMV included in Windows 7. An when I play that, I got a single stutter every second or so which is very distracting.

It's a very, very cool project but at the current state just too buggy for me. I've given up on that for now. Maybe it will be ready when the CV1 has it's release or another one writes a alternative which is more reliable and just works as expected. I wouldn't have a problem to pay a fair price.

spyro