cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the first things to grab the day you receive it?

captaintrips
Explorer
Well, one of my rift's is out for delivery right now... and I've spent so much time anticipating this day, I forgot to pay much attention to exactly what I should install on day 1 with the rift, lol.

I know the Tuscany demo, though I've heard there are two different releases of it? Anything else? Are any of the Oculus driver packages (ex: vorpx) working correctly yet? Mirrors edge or any other games with official support? Found a article explaining how to get Doom 3 BFG edition working, but want to see what you all recommend to give a throw first...
5 REPLIES 5

Gerald
Expert Protege
the roller coaster in the epic citadel demo seems to be a must try and cymatic bruce also tried a heli simulation that looked a lot of fun.

maybe have a look at what he has tested so far (pretty much all the cool stuff): http://www.youtube.com/user/HapPProductions

ohh ... and the museum of the microstar looks gorgeous if you have a powerful GPU

EDIT: and you can have a look at this: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=17424 ... all demos released in a bittorent
check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons

captaintrips
Explorer
Ah! thanks for the torrent link Gerald! And I've watched a couple of the Cymatic Bruce vids.... pretty awesome.

captaintrips
Explorer
wooo! my razer hydra and oculus just both arrived!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Gerald" wrote:
the roller coaster in the epic citadel demo seems to be a must try and cymatic bruce also tried a heli simulation that looked a lot of fun.

Yah I heard Cymatic Bruce's (I loved his videos when waiting for my Rift) recommendations before getting my Rift and I followed them my first day. However, IMHO the roller coaster and MOTM are two of the absolute worst demos for a newb to try. They present way too much unnatural input to your visual/vestibular system and make most people feel uncomfortable. Your mileage may vary.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to show it in this particular order:

1.) Tuscany (without Hydra)
2.) Proton Pulse Rift
3.) Roller Coaster
4.) Streetview
5.) First Law
6.) Tuscany (with Hydra)