cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR Cinema 3D White Screen

drlazer19
Honored Guest
I apologize if this thread is in the wrong area but ive waited so long to finally receive this beautiful Dev Kits and cannot for the life of Christ figure out why my VR Cinema 3D demo cannot play movies on the big screen and go's to a white screen after the quick demo intro loads. I deleted the original movie file that was there, replaced it with harry potter; i renamed that harry potter movie "movie.avi" and still white screening on me..... Some one please help me, i want to experience a 3d movie actually playing on this screen!!
8 REPLIES 8

m3k
Honored Guest
Man that sucks- did you try restating your computer?

kokutouchichi
Honored Guest
"drlazer19" wrote:
i renamed that harry potter movie "movie.avi"

I guarantee you don't have your folders and file extentions set to being viewed in windows explorer.

Open your windows explorer, click the "customize" dropdown box on the top left, select "folder search and options"
then go to the "view tab."

Make sure you have display file extensions turned on. Now go back to that folder and I am sure you have it named something like movie.avi.avi in which case just rename the thing again movie.avi and it will work.

Welby
Adventurer
With Vr Cinema,if i remember well,you can play only some kind of extension. Make sure that the video you want to see is .avi .mp4 or other allowed extension.

Expt626
Protege
Well I noticed that the video file name cannot have special characters. I renamed my video to m.avi and it worked for me.

ad2003
Honored Guest
Wow, I really want to try out 3D cinema! 🙂
My first unity steps: In A Distance | download/post: http://goo.gl/N90bUU A video collection of oculus rift related stuff: http://oculus.quitebeyond.de

danielmalvarado
Honored Guest
That's weird, I get this too

Even though the new version supports MKV

I played a 2D MKV just fine

I tried a 3D MKV (SBS) and I get the white screen.

I also can't navigate the on-screen menu nor mouse look - perhaps it's because I use a Wacom Bamboo as my mouse? (happens on all Unity titles but works fine on Half Life 2 😕

Sharkku
Protege
I have the same issue! 2D .mkv - no problem, 3D .mkv - white screen. It's a pity since the movies I want to watch the most are the ones in 3d! 😃 Did anyone solve this yet?
DK1 - previously owned DK2 - 2014-08-26 RECEIVED (ordered 2014-04-24) CV1 - 2016-05-25 RECEIVED (ordered on release day) Touch - 2016-12-07 RECEIVED (pre-order with CV1)

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer
I had the same problems and re-installed the klite codec pack standard. This seemed to fis it for me 😄
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"