cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

random Purple Haze/lines

captaintrips
Explorer
Been playing around with one of the rifts I picked up, and it appears that it gets some sort of "puple" lines on occasion on things, and worsens... begins to show purple speckle outlines on things. I've tried with SLI off, default driver settings, no AA.... seems to happen more the longer its on. Sometimes It appears almost as a grid, on the left half of the screen the right eye

Almost like "purple" clouds, especially when looking around

Anyone else noticing this, or am I gonna have to setup an RMA?
12 REPLIES 12

MikeArms24
Honored Guest
This happens on my monitor when I have it on too long, all I need to do is restart it. I think it's a problem with some types of LCD screens. Does turning it off and on help?
Riftmax Theater 4D Multiplayer VR Cinema! http://www.riftmax.com - Latest DK2-ready version 0.415(11/27/2014)

captaintrips
Explorer
Kind of. If I leave it off for a bit, it lessens, but it comes back... now you can definitely see like a grid/box of it to one side of the right side of the screen 😞

appears to be worsening

captaintrips
Explorer
yep, definitely a screen problem.... If I play any demo, look at a darker blue sky, you can see the purple lines appear playing with the contrast... it seems to be certain color ranges that trigger them

captaintrips
Explorer
Yep, you can see it here in the tiles to the left.... the purple lines in each of them, and you can barely see the ones running vertically, but you can definitely see them in game and on screen.

captaintrips
Explorer
Think I know what it is... either some sort of on-board memory on the oculus or the inverter is having a issue after it's been used for 10 minutes or so... appears to worsen as the device "heats up" from use.

Jeppe
Honored Guest
You should really contact Oculus support if you haven't already done so. I had a similar issue with my unit (greenish tint on the left part of the right screen) and they were really helpful.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Very sorry about this. Please contact support@oculus.com and we'll see how we can help.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

captaintrips
Explorer
ok, thank you cyberreality, talking to them now 🙂

captaintrips
Explorer
woohoo! oculus is gonna help me with my headset

thanks again Team Oculus, you guys went above and beyond for me, and I express my most sincere thanks! Fantastic customer service! 😄