cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Running TF2

mikesig
Honored Guest
Hey, all: I downloaded the orange box version of TF2 on steam (not the beta, the actual tf2) and added the command line -vr, but TF2 is not working properly. The valve/steam logos are in normal 1200x800 resolution, as are the menus. When I get into the game, it splits the screen in half, but not oculus-style (i.e. the Tuscany demo). Running vr_configure also does nothing: it elicits no response from the console. Note that I have the rift plugged into my laptop via HDMI as a cloned monitor, and the Tuscany demo runs perfectly fine. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
56 REPLIES 56

dpkay
Honored Guest
I suppose Mac users still have to wait for the final rollout 😞

Wookiee
Honored Guest
Working now thanks for the info.

Klepto
Honored Guest
The prerelease beta switch did it for me. I'll put the solution in the other forum where I originally posted it wasn't working.

It is really great. Before it felt like I was controlling a guy in the game, and now it feels like I am the guy in game.

Brian221
Honored Guest
"brian221" wrote:
Tried all these recommendations and could not get it to function on the iMac...will try on the PC tomorrow.
I also tried my install of TF-2 Beta with no luck.

So still no luck on the iMac, but I've got it working on my Win8 laptop. The issue was my screen resolution. Since the laptop wasn't able to mirror at 1280x800, the driver wasn't happy. I had to use "secondary display only" to force the correct resolution then launch the game.

r2umam
Honored Guest
Anyone able to get TF2 working on a macbook air? I have the latest macbook air (March 2013, 13inch screen, 4 gb ram, 1.8ghz) and using the pre-release did not get it working. I can see the world and move using the trackpad but there is no head tracking and "vr_calibration" does not do anything.

elm
Honored Guest
There is, as of yet, no Mac support.

See Joe from Valve's comment here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/440/discussions/2/828937546078854918/

niall
Honored Guest
Has anyone managed to get weapon aiming working with a gamepad analogue stick? I've got the Logitech F710, and I can aim the weapon side to side but not up and down - bit frustrating being tied to a desk and mouse.

adam
Honored Guest
I have set it to PreRelease in the betas tab of properties for TF2.

Do I need to do something to force it to download the PreRelease codebase?

The game is still behaving as it did before i set the PreRelease setting.

Thanks, Adam.

cybereality
Grand Champion
@adam: Did you also add the "-vr" to the launch options? Seems to work for me.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

adam
Honored Guest
Yes the -vr is still there from when it was working the other day before the update broke it.

It's just that setting to PreRelease doesn't appear to cause a download of any new (pre-release) codebase that might have the Rift support re-included since they broke it.

Did setting it to Pre-Release cause any noticeable change to you? (apart from making it work of course!)

Thanks, Adam