cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The scene does not render in the editor

rubixcube6
Explorer
I'm not sure why, but when I run a scene in the editor with an OVR player prefab, it acts as if there are no cameras in the scene and renders nothing. Anyone else having this issue?

SDK 0.4.0
Unity version 4.5.2
DX11 disabled
Using DK1 in extended mode (does not seem to matter even if I completely disconnect it from the computer)
Oculus runtime installed
Windows 7
2 REPLIES 2

kersk
Expert Protege
There is currently a bug where the game view window will only render correctly if it is set to "Free Aspect" sizing. My guess is you're running into this issue. Try changing it to "Free Aspect" from the drop down in the top left of the game view window and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, let us know! We're trying to get this bug squashed for the next release.

rubixcube6
Explorer
That worked in the editor. I don't have my DK2 just yet, but people who have tried my game have said it won't render in their DK2.

I think that's because I didn't have everything checked under player settings supported aspect ratios. I'm yet to hear back from testers if the fix worked, but considering the editor can't have ratio constraints, I assume the build shouldn't either.

Thanks for the help! 😄