cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Razor Hydra Mouse Emulation Question

jgoewert
Honored Guest
I would have asked this on Sixense's official boards, but I am waiting for someone there to verify I am not a bot (even after going through a bunch of captchas).

I am trying to use the Hydra as a mouse pointer/crosshairs similar to the way the Hydra works when you are in Windows or as how the mouse works in TF2?

I had thought it would be something as simple as taking the X+Y rotation of the controller and clipping it to the visible region. I'm thinking I may need to do some sort of scaling on the X to make it feel more natural.

What I have noticed is that I get a pincushion effect because of the way a hand moves that doesn't quite feel natural. When I use the hydra in Windows, it feels "right". So, I'm guessing there may be some sort of scaling already as part of the system, I just can't seem to find anything that clearly states that or how to access that info using the Unity SDK.

My project is to make a Lethal Enforcers style shooter for the Rift/Hydra, but I don't want to do the complete 3d features of the Hydra as shown in that plinking demo. I just want a 2d set of crosshairs regardless of holding position from the base station.
0 REPLIES 0