Is chromatic aberration more noticeable in DK2 to you? — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Is chromatic aberration more noticeable in DK2 to you?

8bit8bit Posts: 94 Oculus Start Member
Not sure if I'm just imagining this but in my DK2 I see lots of reds, yellows and cyans tearing off the edges of the papers and cards in the Oculus Config demo scene. It could just be the nature of the assets or this demo.
Anyway, I'm mostly asking this out of paranoia. Do y'all see the reds, yellows and cyans coming off the cards and paper too?

Comments

• drashdrash Posts: 2,846
    Neo
    You might want to take a look at this post by an Oculus team member here.

Also, users seem to be reporting much more chromatic aberration in Direct mode than in Extended mode.

Also, if you're just seeing a bunch of red subpixels bleeding off of everything, make sure you aren't having "f.lux" running -- that's the one that bit me.
  • 8bit8bit Posts: 94 Oculus Start Member
    @Drash thanks for the reply. I figured this would have posted somewhere.

Hey on a slightly unrelated topic - I noticed your biweekly demo reviews. Do you have suggestions on the best demos to try with DK2? I noticed a lot of demos are posting DK2 updates but since you are adamantly reviewing I thought you might have some insight to good ones to try first.

I have Technolust (which is awesome) but does require quite a bit of re-configuring to play it. Do you have suggestions for other demos to try out?
  • drashdrash Posts: 2,846
    Neo
    8bit wrote:
    Hey on a slightly unrelated topic - I noticed your biweekly demo reviews. Do you have suggestions on the best demos to try with DK2? I noticed a lot of demos are posting DK2 updates but since you are adamantly reviewing I thought you might have some insight to good ones to try first.
    Unfortunately with the blistering pace of new threads and topics (5 to 7 pages of unread threads accumulate while I sleep on Oculus dev forums alone!), and my own busy life it's been difficult to keep on top of it. Fortunately there are quite a few others doing a great job of keeping track and consolidating the information.

Personally, there are quite a few I haven't had a chance to try yet, but I will say that so far PolyWorld (exploration), OceanRift (exploration), Crystal RIft (dungeon crawler / horror) have stood out for me. I've heard great things about the DK2 updates for Radial-G, Chilling Space, Cyber Space, and VR Typing Trainer, but didn't get to try those yet.