cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone try to the new Vehicle template support?

Pokey
Honored Guest
4.4.2 patch notes:

Fixed an error that could occur with Notify tracks in animation Montages.
Fixed an error that could cause the Mac Editor to become unresponsive when Slate Text Views were used
Fixed game plugin source being compiled with optimizations when Debug or DebugGame configuration is set.
Updated Vehicle Game Template with Oculus Rift support!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?36209-Hotfix-4-4-2-is-Live!

I don't have my DK2 yet so I cannot test it 😞
4 REPLIES 4

MattOstgard
Explorer
Oh yeah I forgot to test that! I'll try it in 2 hours (when I get off of work).

MattOstgard
Explorer
Gave it a shot and it's not quite right just yet. First I wasn't able to hit 75 fps. I Averaged at about 45 and I have a decent machine: i7 4770k, 32gb ram, nvidia gtx 680 4gb VRAM, antivirus off, no unusual background apps. I didn't try doing anything except just lowering the quality level to lowest.
Second, UE4 has an issue with UI and stereo display, where it will only render to one eye. Developers are aware of the issue and plan to fix it a bit after the 4.5 release.

BNA
Honored Guest
Please see the screenshot attached to get an idea where you are officially placed along their priorities.

Screen Shot 2014-09-11 at 08.47.31.png

Sharpfish
Heroic Explorer
they put new features on the roadmap not bugfixes. Don't mislead people. EPic are now the #1 leader in Dk2 support by a good margin and have devoted many resources to it in the past weeks. They are fixing the VR bugs as I write and that includes the vehicle template (that I told one of their devs about still having bugs).

Honestly, for me VR is plug and play with UE4 right now.