cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual "TED" Talks

khelorm
Honored Guest
As we all know, the Rift has an immense potential outside of the gaming world. For soldiers, it could allow therapists to have a more in-depth role in healing the scars of war. For doctors, it could allow for more simulated scenarios that would be difficult to create in real life.

I have been thinking of an application that would help introverts as well as people who are interested in speaking that would help them break out of their shell in their own living room. It could be punnily called "Going on a Riff-t" XD. You could jump into a room of 20+ people or so (and there could be rooms that could even have hundreds if you would like), and it would let one person at a time walk up on stage and speak for 5-10 minutes. Sometimes it could have a set theme, or maybe you could even have an improv stage.

Riff-t would definitely benefit with full body tracking in order to allow the audience to gauge the usage of the speaker's body for constructive criticism. But as I said, there are so many more applications for the Rift. What world saving apps have you all thought about?
Check out Freight Train Games! My face is a warrant.
1 REPLY 1

kanartikin
Honored Guest
All these opportunities are great. What about the idea to use this VR to learn foreign language. With an wide range of options- including meeting in the VR with other real persons. Native speakers, teachers, budies? We develop a platform for online learning - http://demo.iportal4languages.eu/portal. We integrate own 3D simulator in Second life. But here the opportunities look much more and more deeper and attractive.