Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

[WIP] - TANK YOU. Working and fun APK

2»

Comments

• ElvinaElvina Posts: 54
    Wow, I thought it will be simple shooting game, but I see now it is actually became very interesting project,
    having virtual company with you sounds fun as well as changing between characters anytime!
    I like gameplay and effects when you are shooting, nice cartoon style. Waiting TankYou APK :roll:
  • RazTOORazTOO Posts: 128
    Just what GearVR needed - AWESOME video and gameplay!
  • EugTankEugTank Posts: 42
    Thanks a loot,colleagues! ;)

So, prefinal version!

TANK YOU will give you the full feeling of being inside the Tank with your virtual friends, and the opportunity to bomb enemy tanks and have fun.

Controls and Mechanics:
    - Head tracking inside/outside of tank.
    - Tap to shoot.
    - You can shoot through the perspective of the Hero or Gunner (by swiping up or down on the touchpad).

APK: https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws. ... nkyou5.apk
    Gameplay video with virtual buddies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4H6f19m ... e=youtu.be (PreFinal)
  • dignifiedwebdignifiedweb Posts: 279
    Art3mis
    EugTank wrote:
    Gameplay video with virtual buddies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4H6f19m ... e=youtu.be (PreFinal)

Woah! That's amazing man! I love the name, love the gameplay, so good! Good luck to you!
    Check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Man Overboard! - Try the DK2 Version if you don't have a Gear VR
  • BinoBino Posts: 112
    Art3mis
    I've played a few game now and I'll be honest, I've had the most fun with this one. :D
    I watched Fury recently... so I really enjoyed this!

- Some frame rate issues at times, but pretty much every game does when it gets busy.
    - The start menu quad initially moves with head look. Makes me dizzy.
    - Some tank UI elements are really hard to see - health, and current weapon. Too close and I really have to strain to see it
    - The 50 cal gun is over powered :P
    - This would make an excellent coop game.

Solid very solid entry.
    THANKS A lot, colleagues! So cool to hear it. :roll:

About framerate - yeah, you right, working on optimization right now (a lot of physical objects and FX in-game).
    About UI - correct, best VR game - game without UI :) So, will try to fix this.

24 hours to wooork! :P
  • Jaycee900Jaycee900 Posts: 223
    Loved this too! Completed demo, great fun to play good controls, nice graphics, love the music and sfx.
    As was said above needs desperately to get frame rate up as brings judder when moving head esp inside tank, outside is better but still a little, but great job on the gane itself, cant wait for improvements!
    Mini Gear VR Reviews Blog --> http://gearvrreviews.blogspot.co.uk
    Thanks,Jaycee900! You right.
    we worked hard to optimize game, speed up the frame rate and to add talking characters (your virtual friends)!
    There is newest game version, final for the VR JAM 2015
    p.s. After sleepless night…finally I have a chance to get some sleep :) Good luck to everyone!

Final APK: https://vrjam-submissions.s3.amazonaws. ... final2.apk
  • spinaljackspinaljack Posts: 347 Oculus Start Member
    I had a go of this earlier and thought it would have been nice to see more of the cockpit.
    The action is fun and I'm glad you've boosted the frame rate as before it was quite choppy.
    Need's multiplayer :)
    Thanks, spinaljack. Multiplayer will be in future updates, yuuup!

Final Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc1tP_8y ... e=youtu.be
  • nobylspoonnobylspoon Posts: 198
    Art3mis
    I loved the art style and the gameplay was a lot of fun!

I would recommend detaching your menu and loading screens from the camera so it doesn't cause any discomfort while looking around. The game performance was really smooth outside of the cockpit but I had a lot of judder when I moved the turret. Since the outside scene didn't seem to lag, I assume this wasn't low framerate, just how the head motion was being translated to turret movement?

Great work, I hope you continue development on this.
    Meerkat Gaming Dev

Klepto - Burglary Simulator
    Oculus WIP Thread || Steam Greenlight Page
    TightropeVR - 2015 VRJam Finalist
    [APK Download]
    Maze Roller
    Steam Greenlight || [DK2 DEMO] || [GearVR pending UE4 update]
  • I looove tanks. This game is a lot of fun for me)) I like the idea about switching between the characters. And I like these little friends which react on my actions))
    So, I'm waiting for new big updates!)
  • Big progress in last update for VR Jam. Really good solid game. With some fresh ideas, that i like a loot (swtich heroes swipe up/down looks really nice!).

Good FPS on my Note4 too, btw! :roll:
    Maxim Miheyenko,
    VR Production.

House of Languages: viewtopic.php?f=77&t=22268&start=40
    xlarge.png
  • RazTOORazTOO Posts: 128
    Finally got to test the final version for the Jam. You improved on sooo many levels :) The game is much polished and a blast to play! The objects vanishing after destruction reminded me of DOOM which is COOL BTW :P
    Thank you very very much. It was hard challenge. A lot of battles with Unity3D/3D polycount of scene for good frame rate on Gear VR for our game :)

>>Since the outside scene didn't seem to lag, I assume this wasn't low framerate, just how the head motion was being
    >> translated to turret movement?

Yes, good feedback. We try to understood what is happen with this lag there!
    Hahahha, I just tried it! Very fun and no lags on my side :)
    Really one of the most fun games there!
    OK, maybe not best innovative, but one of the most FUN !
    Piw, piw, piw :D
  • dignifiedwebdignifiedweb Posts: 279
    Art3mis
    I tried your game today, it was a blast! Tanks for lots of fun!
    Check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Man Overboard! - Try the DK2 Version if you don't have a Gear VR
    THAAANKS a lot! Will be more Tanks soon! :)
  • KominAaaKominAaa Posts: 135
    Your game deserved to be in the finals, that was a whole lot of work done.
    All the best and I hope to see it again soon :)
    Hi! Check our VRJam2015 entry SteamCrew VR, Our VR Game
    Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe VR and our VRJam2013 entry EpicDragon VR!
    Follow us on Facebook!
  • nate1380nate1380 Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    KominAaa wrote:
    Your game deserved to be in the finals, that was a whole lot of work done.
    All the best and I hope to see it again soon :)

I second that. I hope you continue your work on it, I really enjoyed it!
    Art Monkey @ Meerkat Gaming

2015 VRJam Submission: TightropeVR [APK now available]

Maze Roller [DK2 DEMO] [GearVR Edition Coming Soon!]
    I agree with kominaaa and nate1380.
    It is pity that your game is not in final top :(

I really liked to play TANK YOU!
    The idea with talking characters and virtual friends is awesome.
    I wish you will continue to develop your project to make it even more fun and interesting.
    Thank you for all your hard work. :)