Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums will be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.
New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

[Bronze] PhaseShift - Download Available!!

CodaFrostCodaFrost Posts: 84
Hiro Protagonist
edited June 2015 in VR Jam
_________________________Ha0qQPf.png____________________________
____________________________________________Presents:_______________________________________________

______________cHiPmY6.gif______________

Updated playable game available!

!!DOWNLOAD GAME HERE!!

PhaseShift is a 2.5D Cinematic platformer action/adventure featuring unique stylized 3D retro pixel art.
In the spirit of titles such as "Another World", "Braid", "Oddworld", or "Limbo" - PhaseShift offers an exciting new take on a classic genre!

Our game tells the story of Dr. Hoffman, a brilliant chemist who, as a result of a breakthrough discovery - accidentally synthesizes a compound which activates latent receptors within the human brain. Eventually, this discovery allows him access to a mysterious alien realm, in which he finds that a superior race of beings has been observing and shaping the course of humanity since it's very beginning.
Join Dr. Hoffman as he unravels the true nature of reality, and help him reveal the secrets of this strange new hidden dimension.

PhaseShift is an atmospheric side-scroller featuring traditional cinematic platforming gameplay - but with an innovative VR twist: "Phase-Shifting"!
This ground-breaking platformer mechanic brings completely new gameplay possibilities to platforming, by letting players peer into simultaneously existing parallel dimensions using an innovative 'looking-glass' feature.

Screenshots:
WkKP4SP.png
90hufgJ.png
AQZBvX4.jpg
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Concept & 3D Pixel Art Style:
fYSq15s.jpg
KsVj9an
KsVj9an.jpg
NBkmXuu.jpg

Comments

• CodaFrostCodaFrost Posts: 84
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 2015
    ***Placeholder**
  • GeraldGerald Posts: 1,068
    Nexus 6
    love it coda! the programmer art looks super promising, can't wait to try it!
    check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons
  • drashdrash Posts: 2,840
    Trinity
    Looking forward to this! I think it's so great that pixel art still has a place in this new medium.
    TitansOfSpacePlus_CoverArt_VRLandscape5_60p.png
  • zproxyzproxy Posts: 245
    Art3mis
    +1 for pixelart!
  • JoyhypeJoyhype Posts: 40
    Awesome! I'm digging the vibe and love the pixel art style!
    SaaS and Fullstack developer. Hobby Game developer.
  • Jaycee900Jaycee900 Posts: 223
    Looks very interesting! Cant wait to see how the shift works!
    Mini Gear VR Reviews Blog --> http://gearvrreviews.blogspot.co.uk
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks everyone. Glad to hear that people are enjoying the pixel art!
    Can't wait to show you guys the PhaseShifting mechanic..
    Anyways, just uploaded a new piece of concept art showing our clock-tower, shifted between both realms. Enjoy! :)
  • This game looks just incredible! I bet the team is filled with really smart, funny, talented (and attractive) developers!

:roll: :D
  • I can confirm: This team got mad skillz!

Incredible artwork, can't wait to get phaseshifted. :D
  • RAMcGregorRAMcGregor Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Really looking forward to seeing the video of this in motion. Great style!
  • kdubthorkdubthor Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited May 2015
    Pixel art not only still has a place in VR, it looks pretty badass.
  • Jaycee900Jaycee900 Posts: 223
    Yeah i love the look of the pixelart style, maybe Warioland Virtual Boy shown how it should be done!
    Mini Gear VR Reviews Blog --> http://gearvrreviews.blogspot.co.uk
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Soon we'll be revealing some of the gameplay and have plenty more to share about this title (and the other games we have been working on outside of this one). We're having a lot of fun creating PhaseShift, and we can't wait for people to give it a try!

I've uploaded a new screenshot for the weekend showing a peek into the alien realm. Enjoy!
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Nice one!
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Hiro Protagonist
    Found a concept shot of an asset that may or may not end up in the actual game. Thought some folks might enjoy it!
    4ib3Rvy.jpg
  • Malkmus1979Malkmus1979 Posts: 763
    Brain Burst
    Love the old school Lucasarts style of this look. Make me think of Maniac mansion and Monkey island, some of my favorites.
  • SeradinSeradin Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Hey guys!! One of the artists on Phaseshift here!!

We made it past milestone 2!! To celebrate id like to show you guys a couple of GIFs of our main character Dr. Hoffman in action!!

Enjoy!!

http://i.imgur.com/4kVumr0.gif

http://i.imgur.com/hXOUqM8.gif

(for some reason its not letting me embed images?)
    Artist at Dual Reality Games working on PhaseShift!! VOTE NOW!! :D
  • bullardo916bullardo916 Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Looking good man!
    Hiro Protagonist
    Looking good man!
    Thanks Bullardo!
    Love the old school Lucasarts style of this look. Make me think of Maniac mansion and Monkey island, some of my favorites.

I'm a huge fan of classic old-school adventure games, so that's like the best compliment ever. Excitingly, the game is only looking better and better everyday too! Here's a newer (but somewhat outdated) screenshot:

wgTyEGv.jpg
    click for larger view
    Hiro Protagonist
    Milestone 3 Update:

PhaseShift Teaser Video:

Concept art for Egyptian scenery
    U5waWUD.jpg
    Nexus 6
    this looks so gorgeous - hope it wins the competition if it is good! now it even adds Prince of Persia into the oldschool Sierra/Lucasarts style ... I want to play it!!!!
    Hiro Protagonist
    Gerald wrote:
    this looks so gorgeous - hope it wins the competition if it is good! now it even adds Prince of Persia into the oldschool Sierra/Lucasarts style ... I want to play it!!!!

Thanks for the kind words from everybody! All the positive support has definitely been motivating us to work even harder to make this a great game for you all. It's been a TON of work building this from scratch all within 1 month, but we're having a blast developing this project!

We're working on finishing up the gameplay and video for M4 - but we also have many more features and ideas we would love to implement post game-jam as well. In short; our release next week will likely just be a small demo - or a glimpse of whats to come in the full-title. Looking forward to putting it out 'in the wild' and getting feedback from everyone soon!
    Hiro Protagonist
    Due to Oculus announcing their CV1 release date today - I can't help myself but upload a new screenshot to commemorate the occasion!

(click for larger image)
    XrCS5pC.png
    Nexus 6
    I love the light Coda! Awesome work :)
    Brain Burst
    Wow! Over 6,000 views! Thanks for all the support!! :D

We are currently hard at work at finishing the last environment you'll get to explore and polishing up our lens mechanic which I might say is looking pretty shiny!!

Here's a sneak peak at the upcoming Egyptian Realm!

Pd8DKPG.jpg

Enjoy!
  • It`s a really big work! Good luck!
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hey Folks!
    Due to technical issues, our entry on the submission page isn't working. The fixed version of the playable game is available here HERE!

Please let us know what you think!
    Brain Burst
    edited May 2015
    WOO!! Community voting has begun!!

Vote PhaseShift!! We love you :)

Also we will have a DK2 build coming soon!!
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 2015
    Screenshot of a mysterious alien realm:
    WkKP4SP.png
    click to enlarge

DK2 demo approaching! :)
  • snappaheadsnappahead Posts: 2,302
    Trinity
    I really look forward to trying this one out. I'm a note 4 lollipop so I'll have to wait, but this is high on my want list.
    i7 3820
    16 gigs of Ram
    GTX 780ti