Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

[APK] Cute Crusher

OverdriveOverdrive Posts: 43
Brain Burst
edited May 2015 in VR Jam 2015
Hello :D

I want to share one of my games for this Mobile VR Jam 2015 with you:

You play as a farmer, and on your farm is a well where lots of cute little animals live.
Some are nice, but others are mean and nasty.
To help your nice little friends, you'll need to use your giant hammer!
Watch out, nasty critters! The farmer is here and it's smashing time!

Cute Crusher is a Whac-A-Mole-inspired arcade game in a pure cartoony style for Gear VR.
Hit the foxes and spare the rabbits to score points.
Score bonus points with Combos and Chains and beat the high score!
No gamepad required.

Have fun!

xlarge.png
xlarge.png

Hope you will like it! ;)

here is my ChallengePost page : http://challengepost.com/software/cute-crusher
NexeVRLogoTwitter1.jpg

Comments

• OverdriveOverdrive Posts: 43
    Brain Burst
    NexeVRLogoTwitter1.jpg
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    This looks great. Good luck.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • spinaljackspinaljack Posts: 347 Oculus Start Member
    Seems like you could add more holes to bop animals from. Maybe as the game progresses more holes appear and you have to use head tracking to target each hole? Very cute and colourful though.
    Brain Burst
    This looks great. Good luck.
    Thank you Cybereality! :)
    spinaljack wrote:
    Seems like you could add more holes to bop animals from. Maybe as the game progresses more holes appear and you have to use head tracking to target each hole? Very cute and colourful though.

Nice idea. :) In this kind of game, there are two ways to go: Single animal with multiple holes (like the original version) or multiple animals with a single hole (like this one). The game mechanism is not exactly the same in both cases. Mixing both could be fun (and quite easy to implement) but a little bit tricky to balance.
    I put all the time I have in my possession in my other VRJam project for now: Captain Clark Adventures, so I will keep your idea for a future release after the Jam (with all the improvement ideas I also have in mind like new kind of hammers to unlock or new kind of animals).
    NexeVRLogoTwitter1.jpg
    Brain Burst
    http://challengepost.com/software/cute-crusher

The game is available.
    I hope you will like it!
    Don't hesitate to share your score here! :D
    NexeVRLogoTwitter1.jpg