cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Audio in Unity

bcoyle
Adventurer
Oculus Audio SDK Plugins V0.11.3

Does this work with the latest version of Unity and the Oculus Utilities? I had most everything setup well in Unity and then I imported the Unity package from the Oculus Audio SDK and things fell apart. Not sure if it brought in/overwrote some existing assets that might have broke things.

Anyone know? Is there a best practice for how to import the audio package into Unity?
4 REPLIES 4

cybereality
Grand Champion
Things fell apart? Can you be more specific? Are you getting any sort of errors?

bcoyle
Adventurer
Sorry, previously the demo would load with a Unity configuration pop up for setting the resolution. Things seemed to be stable with the demo building and running smoothly when testing. Then I added the audio sdk and setup audio, built the demo and would get a black screen that would hang/crash.

Now I've wipe out all the Oculus files in hopes to just bring back the utilities and do without sound - was still getting a black screen when building. Mind you, the demo runs fine when previewing in Unity with the headset. Then I saw your post so I went to include the audio sdk again and did a test run in Unity, worked. Then built the demo and tested. Game loads up straight without the Unity config screen now. Seems stable...

Why is this so convoluted. I guess it's all still very much beta from all fronts - oculus & unity combined

Does the headset have to be plugged in to build a demo from Unity? I just had it fail to build, and then build correctly when the headset was plugged in.

cybereality
Grand Champion
See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=25492

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
"bcoyle" wrote:
Does the headset have to be plugged in to build a demo from Unity?
Yes, unfortunately there is a known issue in Unity where it tries to spin up VR while building a standalone, even if you run with -nographics. It should be fixed in the near future.