When using UE4 editor: ERR-017 — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

When using UE4 editor: ERR-017

saviorntsaviornt Posts: 1,951
NerveGear
edited September 2015 in Unreal Development
I seem to be having some issues with UE4, as this problem only happens when using the editor (and previews), it happens often enough to where it is extremely annoying though.

When I am in the editor, I get a message from the device manager / action center stating that the headset has been disconnected, and then it reconnects. There is nothing in the Rift logs nor is there anything in the UE4 logs (since it did not crash).

However, in the event logs, it shows 9 errors, of 2 different types (the headset disconnected and reconnected one cycle). All of the errors are:

Error: {ERR-017} [HMD] WARNING: LED state change unverified!
Error: [From Service] Date/Time stamp: {ERR-017} [HMD] WARNING: LED state change unverified!

Now, a part of me thinks that the reason this is happening is due to Windows 10 not being supported by either the Oculus service (although the demo scene works flawlessly), and that UE4 is also not officially supported.. so is this a system bug.. or has anyone else been running into this?

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    The "LED state change unverified" is normal and harmless.

UE4 should be working with 0.7 and Windows 10.

I'd be very interested to see what errors you are getting (a screenshot would be fine).
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • saviorntsaviornt Posts: 1,951
    NerveGear
    Just an action center pop up message in bottom right of the screen. No OVR logs or UE4 logs:

Attached the SS of the event viewer though which shows it.
    I think those errors/warnings and the repeated disconnects are two separate things.

I have heard people report the disconnect issue before though I never found the cause.

Can you provide these two logs please? viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23521
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • saviorntsaviornt Posts: 1,951
    NerveGear
    Attaching the server logs and the profile log. Looking through the server logs, and it seems that when the service drops enough IMU samples, it looses connection to the Rift, giving the LED state change error.

I am wondering if the reason why this only happens when I'm in the editor is because the HMD is not seen by the camera?

That's not it, I'm in the demo now w/o HMD being in the camera's view and the driver hasn't restarted.

OK, let me see what I can find.