Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Unity Patch 5.3.2 p4 is out

motorsepmotorsep Posts: 1,504 Oculus Start Member
edited February 2016 in Unity Development
https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/patch-releases

Only one VR fix. It seems that whatever new VR goodies Unity worked on will be coming next month with 5.4

Comments

• ConzConz Posts: 83
    Hiro Protagonist
    Now, that Unity is build with the Oculus SDK 1.0, do I need the (unreleased) Oculus Runtime 1.0 for this?
    Or will VR (DK2) work, in this unity version, with the official 0.8 Runtime installed?
  • vrdavebvrdaveb Posts: 1,596 Oculus Staff
    No, 5.3.2p4 is actually built on Rift SDK 0.8. The "audio redirection" release note is a change they made in anticipation of a future SDK release on our side.

5.3.2p4 actually includes one bug fix they didn't mention in the release notes. The bug made the Rift's initial pose get latched as the tracking origin, making the whole world look tilted.
  • ConzConz Posts: 83
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thank you for the info.

Then the part in the unity patch notes is a little bit confusing:
    "(none) - VR: Fixed audio redirection in standalone builds (Oculus SDK 1.0+)."
  • ccsccs Posts: 219
    Hiro Protagonist
    vrdaveb wrote:

5.3.2p4 actually includes one bug fix they didn't mention in the release notes. The bug made the Rift's initial pose get latched as the tracking origin, making the whole world look tilted.

Thanks Dave! I just ran into this on 5.3.2p3 and I thought I was going crazy!

ccs
  • inuyashazaqinuyashazaq Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Thanks for the info