Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Says I need a Windows update that I can't install

I am having issues with installing the run-time SDK, as it errors out stating "Microsoft Platform update for Windows 7 SP1 is not installed and is required for rendering in Direct X with the Oculus Service."

However, when I download and run the update linked directly from the error message, it tells me that said update is not applicable to my system. (kb2670838)

I know this is a Windows thing and not exactly an Oculus thing, but I'm stumped. This is a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64, all updates and drivers are installed. No other applications are installed yet.

Best Answer

Answers

• vjpr-ahubvjpr-ahub Posts: 1

Use 0.6.0.0-beta - it worked for me while 0.6.0.1-beta produced the error.

• cybereality-ahubcybereality-ahub Posts: 753
    Art3mis

Sorry about that. Why don't you send me a PM on the forum and I can assist. Thanks.

• MoogmanxandersMoogmanxanders Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I have a similar issue, Tells me "Oculus Setup requires a 64 bit version of Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. to continue Please upgrade windows." Im running Windows 7 Ultimate, updated it, and manually installed SP1 just to be sure and I get the same thing