New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Can't Find Oculus Store in Google Play

QTFMateQTFMate Posts: 0

I have not received my Gear VR or the code to get the games, but I've looked and looked in the google play store and on this site ( possibly not enough ) yet cannot seem to find where the store is at all. Is it built into the headset or something? I'll be extremely disappointed if I don't receive my VR and such by the time the deadline is up on 4/20/16 to receive the free games from pre-ordering, partially the reason why I upgraded so early.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Rcknhrd77Rcknhrd77 Posts: 11
    Same here. Most won't receive there gear VR till way beyond April 20. Don't know why they made the deadline so ridiculously short.
  • GSSGSS Posts: 69
    Brain Burst
    you can only download the oculus store when a gear vr is plugged into the device. setup instructions http://www.samsung.com/ie/support/skp/faq/1072493 . from my understanding of the promotion when you add your oculus account on a s7 within the time frame the games are automatically added
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 23,033 Oculus Staff
    So, the software is usually only installed when you dock the phone into the headset. But you may be able to force an install with this trick:

- Go to Google Play Store and download "Quick Shortcut Maker".
    - Launch "VRSetupWizardStub" from the "Quick Shortcut Maker" app.
    - Launch the Oculus app and login with your Oculus account.

Then see here:
    https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/787018501428919/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • WakonTonkaWakonTonka Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Thanks a 10 to the 6th. This worked immediately. Some of the other workarounds were runarounds. Much appreciated CR!
  • Lex66Lex66 Posts: 1
    yeah great worked like a charm/ thanks
  • tondeaftondeaf Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Can you use this app to add Oculus friends?