cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I Crazy - Or is the Quality of the DK2 Worse with the 1.3 Runtime.

plyrek
Protege
I don't know if it is me being hyper critical or if it is true. Has anyone noticed an increase in aliasing and jaggies using the 1.3 runtime in Unity with the DK2? I know that the runtime is met for CV1 but many of us, maybe even most of us, will still need to use the DK2 for development and client presentations and I just want to know if you notice a quality difference between 0.8 and 1.3 on the DK2... or is it really just me?
9 REPLIES 9

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
What content are you comparing? DK2 should look at least as good as 0.8. Antialiasing, texture filtering, and sRGB all work the same as before, at least in terms of the eye buffers.

plyrek
Protege
vrdaveb, I am looking at just a regular default cube set on a plane. It appears to me that all the edges are "running". You know kind of jumpy. I even installed the Oculus Utilities Package and looked at the sample scenes and I noticed the jaggie edges in those examples. Again I am not saying I am right I could just have lost my mind but it does seem more noticeable.   

MikeF
Trustee
I havent noticed a changed in aliasing, but the image is def. lighter than with 0.8

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
We did increase the luminance slightly at the lowest levels to make the gamma response more correct. However, that wouldn't make aliasing any worse. It would help if you could provide screenshots of the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just ported one of my apps over to 1.3 and tried it out on DK2 (CV1 ordered). Gotta say it looks the best it has ever looked. I don't see the aliasing problem at all. I always thought something was a little off with gamma, and now it looks perfect. Also loving ATW and the "wait" screen for when the app takes too long to do something (like load a large prefab or level (even in async load)). Well done Oculus!

plyrek
Protege
I am in no means a professional modeler and I am just learning lighting a scene (I am a coder mostly) so it is more than likely something I have done but thank you for the feedback. I am reaching out to some of my more experienced friends to see what I have done wrong. Thank you again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Deleted by myself...  Not sure anymore... please ignore

SvenViking
Protege
Plyrek: Maybe double-check your project's antialiasing setting and that the correct quality setting is selected?

zmanx
Explorer
The only thing I noticed is that I can't set the IPD anymore, so maybe that's causing some differences in what you see