cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-op puzzler

Ananas
Explorer
I'd like to see some great use of Rift's rotation tracking and Hydras. One great game would be something like this:

Little bit like Portal 2 co-op. There are two people, with Rift and Hydras, and they are separated by a glass. They must proceed by helping eachother in their puzzles. For example player 1 has to solve a puzzle, and player 2 has a hint for it. Player 2 can then nod or shake head, point towards the right answer, write the answer on glass or some other technique to help his partner. When 1 completes his puzzle he gets a hint for player 2 in his next puzzle.

Here are couple demostrating pictures I drew fast.

What do you think?
2 REPLIES 2

AnotherAtreyu
Protege
Interesting idea. Perhaps once one person finished one phase of a puzzle they would receive a hint to help the other person finish a phase of their puzzle and vice versa until the sequence was complete.
Being able to write on the glass would kind of defeat the purpose though because they would obviously just write out whatever hint they had. However, communicating through other means (nods like you suggested) could make things interesting. 🙂
“If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.” (~I really gotta remember this shiz~) ― Yogi Bhajan

Ananas
Explorer
"HappyHimitsu" wrote:
Being able to write on the glass would kind of defeat the purpose though because they would obviously just write out whatever hint they had. However, communicating through other means (nods like you suggested) could make things interesting. 🙂

Yes exactly. But one player could receive a small puzzle or a riddle and he had to think of the answer himself. And there wouldn't be pens in every puzzle, so you had to find some other way to inform the other player.