cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK 1.3 ovr_Initialize failure. fffff447 --

sanjit
Honored Guest
Hi, My DK2 runs perfectly with the latest Oculus Home (1.3) and so do the bundled apps. However when I try to compile the SDK 1.3 samples none of them work. The OculusWorldDemo throws up the error message: "ovr_Initialize failure. fffff447".  OculusRoomTiny throws up the error "Failed to initialize LibOVR".  I cant see a runtime version issue as being the culprit as I seem to have the latest. Please help !
Thanks
Sanjit
3 REPLIES 3

sanjit
Honored Guest
OK the samples work. You need to run the Oculus Home app which is part of the SDK and not the one that you install from the Oculus Website along with the free content !

ss1271
Honored Guest

sanjit said:

OK the samples work. You need to run the Oculus Home app which is part of the SDK and not the one that you install from the Oculus Website along with the free content !

Hi sanjit,

I encountered the same problem on SDK v1.3.2, could you elaborate more about your solution? Where can I find the "Oculus Home app" in SDK?

Thanks a lot.

ss1271
Honored Guest
I figured it out by myself.

Go to:
https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/

Grab the latest runtime, uninstall the old version and follow the installation instruction to update the runtime, then you are good to go. The "Oculus Home app" is the one you just installed.

Thanks for the OP :smile: