DK2 Setup on Windows 10 — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

DK2 Setup on Windows 10

Hi there,

I'm feeling a bit lost after searching the Oculus developers site back and forth serveral times now.
My question simply is this: How do I set up my DK2 from scratch (drivers and all) on Windows 10?
Every way I followed lead to the download page which supposedly contains the runtime, but only offers the SDK. The SDK does not contain any setup files.
The OculusSetup.exe I found eventually somewhere else entirely (not in the Downloads section, oddly enough) only seems to work for the CV1.
I know there used to be a download page for runtime releases, the latest being 0.8 or something, I believe. Where has that gone to and why is it so hard to find?

Any pointers will be very much appreciated.

BR
Christian

Best Answers

Answers

• galopingalopin Posts: 355
    Nexus 6
    because they hid the setup, even google has a hard time to give the url...

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/
  • pixelbalgpixelbalg Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Thanks for your quick reply, galopin. I think I found that page only through google, too. :)
    Does the OculusSetup.exe work for the DK2 as well? The setup came to a point where it didn't seem to recognize the DK2.
  • pixelbalgpixelbalg Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Aha! So I just got scared away too easily by the setup guide. :p   Yes, it's as you say: The DK2 is running now and the Rift Shop as well.

Thanks alot, guys!
  • rolfwesemannrolfwesemann Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    also from me a big thankyou, I had the same problem
  • browarkibrowarki Posts: 2
    it's not working. I have "Oculus can't connect to your graphics card " why ?
  • galopingalopin Posts: 355
    Nexus 6
    browarki said:
    Driver update ? and all this questions does not belongs to the dev forum but to the support forum !
  • browarkibrowarki Posts: 2
    galopin said:
    browarki said:
    Driver update ? and all this questions does not belongs to the dev forum but to the support forum !
    Yes, i have nvidia GeForce 960, and I update form http://www.nvidia.pl/Download/index.aspx?lang=pl
  • EviLorDEviLorD Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I have the rift working however i get a oculus hardware error.. Oculus has detected a hardware issue that is preventing you from setting up your rift. Check that your headset and sensor are connected ...  The headset works... I CAN SEE the VR ROOM with the program choices..  the problem is my sensor does not work.  I plug it in and I hear the windows noise to let me know it sees something but the light never comes on.  When I look at the windows 10 device manager  I can see under HUMAN INTERFACE DEVICES it ha a RIFT DK2 SENSOR USB  When I click it for details, it says it is working properly,  however when I go to EVENTS tab it says 

DEVICE NOT MIGRATED

Is that why my sensor does not work?? 

Any help would be appreciated...

thank you...