Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

DK2 Not initialized in Unity 5.3.4p1

cnilescniles Posts: 2
NerveGear
Throwing this error on startup and run: 
[VRDevice] Initialization of device oculus failed.
This log is printed as well, though can't find any info on it:
Unity v5.3.4p1, Oculus Utilities v1.3.0, OVRPlugin v1.3.0, SDK v0.0.0.
(Specifically the SDK 0.0.0)

Runtime v0.8.0.0, with computer restarted. Attempted running Unity as Administrator, as well as with Windows 8 Compatibility.

Just installed the new OVRPlugin and Utilities 1.3.0, replaced the files within the Unity Editor/Data/VR/oculus directory, and still causing issues. I've triple checked that the correct files have been installed and imported into Unity, but still no luck.

Oculus configuration Utility does spit out this log as well when pressing About:
Display Driver Version: C:\Windows\system32\OVRDisplay64.dll not found
Positional Tracker Driver Version: 1.0.14.0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
HMD Firmware: 2.12

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still no change.
The Demo scene is working within the utility, so the DK2 is working. Has there been anything i may have missed along the way?
I'm not sure how to resolve the issue at this point if i wanted to keep the current version

Comments

• vrdavebvrdaveb Posts: 1,596 Oculus Staff
    OVRPlugin 1.3.0 is not compatible with runtime 0.8.0. Please use the version of OVRPlugin that came inside of Unity or target the 1.3.0 runtime.
  • Hello,
      Sorry, I don't wish to hijack this post but I have the same problem, I've been searching everywhere for an answer, oculus hasn't been working since I updated. Works with the Demo scene in runtime (1.10 (SDK(0.8.0.0)) and works with Oculus store. 

I know it's something simple, thank you for your help.

Regards,
    Ian
    Unity v5.3.4f1, Oculus Utilities v1.3.0, OVRPlugin v1.3.0, SDK v0.0.0.
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    OVRManager:Awake() (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRManager.cs:490)
    VR: Oculus could not be loaded: ovrp_GetStatus.
  • cnilescniles Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Update:

@i.thompson

I was able to get the DK2 working with Unity v5.3.4p1 using 0.8 runtime.
    I uninstalled Unity, installed the 0.8 runtime, re installed Unity p5.3.4p1, and restarted the computer.

Using the v1.3 Unity Utilities i was able to get it working avoiding those errors, as well as spitting out this log instead:
    Unity v5.3.4f1, Oculus Utilities v1.3.0, OVRPlugin v0.1.4.0, SDK v0.8.0.0

I had removed all the current OVR files from within the project, and reloaded the Utilities, closed and reopened the project and it was working no problem.

If you're still seeing the issue, I also had removed all the Oculus files from within the Appdata folders, as well as the Program Files after uninstalling the Runtime I had installed.

Hope this is helpful

• Thanks for the reply. I followed your instructions but I am afraid it hasn't worked. 

Still coming up with the following; 

Unity v5.3.4p1, Oculus Utilities v1.3.0, OVRPlugin v1.3.0, SDK v0.0.0. UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object) OVRManager:Awake() (at Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRManager.cs:490

Has anyone else faced this problem? My game was close to being complete, this has set me back considerably. 

Regards,

Ian 

• kerskkersk Posts: 82 Oculus Staff
    Hi Ian,

You are using the latest 1.3.0 OVRPlugin and Utilities, but you are likely using an outdated (and incompatible) 0.8 runtime.

You can find the latest 1.3.x runtime here: https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/

• kersk said:
    Hi Ian,

You are using the latest 1.3.0 OVRPlugin and Utilities, but you are likely using an outdated (and incompatible) 0.8 runtime.

You can find the latest 1.3.x runtime here: https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/

I have the same issue as Ian, after about 4 hours of trying I have to go back to 8.0 to continue working.
    DK2 is not recognized for me with the latest 1.3.0 OVRPlugin and Utilities and runtine 1.3, oculus home store works fine, just not unity. I tried Unity v5.3.4f1 and every new beta build upwards from that. Still no luck. There must be something I am missing. After installing 1.3 and uninstalling 8.0 etc I noticed no oculus icon or anything running in the system tray, only when I start the home app. Is that meant to be?. Thanks
  • dignifiedwebdignifiedweb Posts: 278
    Art3mis
    I was having the same issue as the original poster and I found the solution here by cyber:
    https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/32457/oculus-1-3-requires-unity-5-3-4p1-new-ovrplugin-for-unity-5

I personally didn't find the directions clear that you had to use a specific version of Unity and overwrite Unity's DLLs in C:\program files\unity. I guess I should have read the full instructions, but it caused confusion for me because it was different than how I had been developing for the DK2 in the past. 

I don't know if others did the same as me, but thought I'd post that link if it helps someone. 
    Check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Man Overboard! - Try the DK2 Version if you don't have a Gear VR