im starting to get really pissed off.... — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

im starting to get really pissed off....

i just simply cant install the stupid runtime for oculus rift because it just keeps saying that i have not uninstalled the old version... i have done everything from deleting everything oculus related (included regedit) and it just simply wont install!!!!! what the heck man.

Answers

• Linkan12Linkan12 Posts: 4
    hello?
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    is it this?
  • See one of the last lines on the log:
    [Debug] [09.04.2016 01:30:53] RunCheck 'Must not have the standalone Runtime installed.  If this fails, please uninstall 'Oculus Runtime' and reboot, then try again.' failed.

You should uninstall the old runtime first. If you already did, my guess is that something did not get deleted. Perhaps you can try using procmon from microsoft to find the "missing" registry key or file.

there is nothing of oculus rift left on my computer. it just wont get installed for some reason....
  • Same issue for me
  • DovSlomanDovSloman Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    Figured it out

1. install old run-time (https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/pc/0.8.0.0-beta/Oculus_Runtime_for_Windows/)

2. uninstall old run-time

3. restart computer

4. install rift home
    edited April 2016
    Thanks @DovSloman , hopefully that fixes it for @Linkan12 as well.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • NATED066NATED066 Posts: 79
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 2016

I have to chime in here.  Cyber, you have been a great ambassador for Oculus over the years.. but as a CV1 user who is struggling to get this thing working I have to say that Oculus has really not done a stellar job on the software installation component of this unit.

I'm a professional IT worker and I am finding this almost impossible to install ( I also had the DK1 which was a breeze compared to this).

I'm really concerned that the average consumer will hit these roadblocks and just give up.   The reality is that it should be as easy as double clicking an "install" file and that's it.

I was personally stuck in the "Install these hotfixes" (they were already installed) infinite loop until I formatted and re-installed windows (along with every other driver on my PC), 

So there is a trick to skip that part of the setup. Open the command prompt (and navigate to the folder where the setup file exists) and run this:
    OculusSetup.exe /bypassHotfixCheck
    However, if the hotfixes *are* missing you will have lots of problems after that point.