Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

SDK 1.3.0 Compile Broken For Intel Compiler

Steps to reproduce:
1: Download Oculus SDK 1.3.0 and open Samples/Projects/Windows/VS2015/Samples.sln in VS 2015.
2: Select "Use Intel Compiler" in project properties (ICC must be installed; tested version 16.0 update 2 == newest)
3: Select either LibOVR or LibOVRKernel as current project
4: F5

The problem seems to be that even though ICC is supposedly supported (see e.g OVR_Compiler.h:54), the rest of the library is oblivious to it, assuming that any non-MSVC compiler must be GCC-like (e.g. OVR_Types.h:546). Here is compiler output from compiling both projects in Win32 Debug mode.

Debug output on Pastebin.

This has been broken since at least 0.8.0.

Thanks,
Ian
Tagged:

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Sorry about this. I did bring it up with the team previously, and I'm not sure how challenging it is to fix, though it seems something of a low priority. 
    Can I ask why you can't use the Microsoft compiler?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • GeometrianGeometrian Posts: 8
    This is still broken in 1.3.2.

I can't use MSVC because afaik it is ABI-incompatible with ICC (which is very picky, even among versions of itself). Also, MSVC is an inferior compiler, and the SDK is explicitly claiming to support ICC.