We are done working on this for now, we had a great time and Im very glad to have the time test all your games now!EpicDragon VR
puts the player on the back of a dragon, soaring the skies of a strange fantasy world. The overall design is inspired by the art of epic 70's fantasy painters Roger Dean
and Rodney Matthews
The objective is to fly around collecting Eggs of Light to fight the Gods of Darkness and their oncoming eclipse devouring the sun. Pick the special Sacred Eggs to enter combo mode and rack up huge combos!Get the windows build here! (18mb)Get the latest updates on the game's facebook page!
We designed the game around a very instinctive and calibrated head only control scheme, using head tracking for both looking around and flying the dragon. It feels surprisingly safe in terms of motion sickness as you don't feel any disconnection between what your head does and what the gamepad makes you do. Im very interested to hear about your experiences on that.
We also chose to go for an arcade inspired gameplay with a short gameloop and a good learning curve so you're encouraged to beat the highscores.
The game is running on our own engine, already powering Shufflepuck Cantina that you can try here
. Due to our optimizations and very lean tech, it should run at a good framerate on every computer.
If you're interested in the game's developpement process you can read the whole thread, there are some developpement shots and a lot of day by day progress videos.Latest Changelog:
- New scoring system and playtime set to 90 seconds
Theres an .ini file in the game's directory, you can alter some properties there.
- [music] 0/1 Activates/Deactivates music
- [chromaticAberrationCorrection] 0/1 Color correction in Oculus' distortion Shader.
- [upscaleToHD] 0/1 Upscales to 1920x1200 (cheap AA en dev kits) (Thanks a lot Dexter111!)
- In extended display, the game will launch on the Oculus automatically.
- [fullscreen] = 1/0 = starts in fullscreen or windowed mode
- [interpupillaryDistanceMilliMeters] = 64.0 mm = sets the interpupillary distance in millimeters (please use the Oculus Rift Configuration Utility to measure your comfort distance)
-- Original post --Seeing all the great [WIPs] around here I figured we would post some work of our jam entry here, EpicDragon VR.
We are very lucky to be a 6 people team from Agharta Studio
and Black Muffin
and we chose to go for something polished both graphically and control wise.
Here are some concepts we have been working on since Aug, 2nd.
Dragon and tribal rider
Bad Moon Sketch
Here is some gameplay:
I will try to keep that thread updated as much as I can as the Jam progresses!
Thank you and good luck to all jammers!