cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus stays black from second run onward in Unity

iclemens
Explorer
When I run my Unity project the first time everything works perfectly. it outputs the following message:
Unity v5.3.4p1, Oculus Utilities v1.3.0, OVRPlugin v1.3.0, SDK v1.3.1.

Then when I stop the project and start it again the oculus stays black and I get this message:
Unity v5.3.4p1, Oculus Utilities v1.3.0, OVRPlugin v1.3.0, SDK v0.0.0.

When I start/stop again I get the following message:
[VRDevice] Initialization of device oculus failed.

I
have updated the OVRPlugin the VR directory, am using the correct unity
version (5.3.4p1), the latest runtime (1.3.1) and the VR support
checkbox is ticked in unity.

I've tried:
 - removing everything that has to do with oculus and reinstalling the runtime, but that didn't work.
 - the latest Unity beta (b12) and it has the same issue.
 - creating an empty project with/without Oculus Utilties 1.3.0 and the same issue exists in both cases

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
5.3.4p1 should work. It looks like you have all the right components. Can you attach %LOCALAPPDATA%\Unity\Editor\Editor.log from a run that has this issue? Does repeated start-stop work on one of our provided scenes, such as OVR/Scenes/Room.unity?

iclemens
Explorer
Thanks for your suggestion, repeated start-stop DOES work for your provided scenes, even when run from my project.

In both my project and the empty scene I get the following error in the editor.log:
 - Bad config or LibOVR not found. VR disabled.

It turned out the problems were:
 - In my empty project/scene I forgot to tick Enable VR.
 - In my actual project I'm using LEAP motion, the old version (< orion) is incompatible with 1.3.0... I guess they are/were using the Oculus SDK for some reason.

alexcolgan
Protege
What version of the Leap Motion software/assets are you using?

iclemens
Explorer
We are using run time 3.1.1. As I mentioned we were using the older assets but have updated them to 4.0.1 and everything works fine now.