cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity VR Game Submission Problem

Fmegrahi
Honored Guest
Hi,
I'm trying to run my game (samsung gear vr game) on the Validator, this is what i run:

C:\Users\cyril\Desktop\check_submission.exe --aapt C:\Users\cyril\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\build-tools\23.0.2\aapt.exe --nm C:\Programmes\Java\android-ndk-r10b\toolchains\mipsel-linux-android-4.8\prebuilt\windows\mipsel-linux-android\bin\nm.exe --openssl C:\OpenSSL-Win64\bin\openssl.exe C:\Users\cyril\Desktop\ZeButtonPublish.apk

but i'm getting an error va0hcwnfalld.png
he can't find or run the nm.exe, first i didn't know what is nm.exe after reading some forums i released that in the android NDK there is the nm.exe, but in my NDK there is many nms, maybe beause of this it doesn't run.
oe5ckal5whyq.png

well, i hope i can find how to fix this problem. i also tryed to add the .nm directory in the variables on the control pannel but no result.
PS: i tryed with the first nm in the list of nm files in the last image.
thanks in advance.

RESOLVED, the problem is there a space in my nm.exe path, i changed the location of my Android NDK folder and it worked.
2 REPLIES 2

Anhommis
Honored Guest
Thanks mate, this helped me so much!

For anyone else who is struggling with getting the Oculus Submission Validator to work, I enclose some of the mistakes I made. (You can use them as something to back-check against if the command prompt keeps giving you errors or access denied):

- make sure that the Android NDK version you have (which is needed for the nm.exe file) is r10e at maximum - the newer versions are not supported by Oculus

- I had more openssl files installed at once, and as a result, the "bin" file (where the final openssl.exe is located) was missing in the newer one. So make sure you only have one openssl on your computer at any given time, otherwise you will not be able to get the path right. (This is true for the Android NDK as well)

- make sure that you change the Environment Variables (go to Control Panel -- System and Security -- System Advanced system settings --Environment variables). There you need to create and rewrite the Android NDK variable to correspond with the location of the NDK file you downloaded, and add the NDK location to the Path (in the lower window) --- at this stage of the development process, you have most likely already worked with these, just make sure you do not forget to add the new files you download for the Validator

- and just as Fmegrahi pointed out, for some reason, if you have any of those files (nm, openssl or aapt) saved in a file that contains a "space" in its name (like Program Files etc.), it will not work (even if you replace the space with _), so just move the file someplace else, change its location, and you should be fine 

These are probably stupid mistakes, but hopefully they might help someone 🙂

Fmegrahi
Honored Guest
thank you for helping others mate 🙂