cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 1.3 external Applications probelm

Reddevildragg
Honored Guest
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has an idea as to why i would not be able to run external applications/dev tools using sdk 1.3. I have the unknown sources tick box on in the settings however all external applications do not recognize the headset or that they are running in VR.

This is a problem that has come into existence over the last week/2 as before then the same applications worked fine with the DK2 and the engineering sample of the CV1 prior to this and now will not support on either.

The same problem applies for unity no longer recognizing the headset for development (again for both devices) where previously it did.

Does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to fix this or what would be causing these to no longer be recognized

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

IssamEddine
Honored Guest
Hi,

I have the same problem, did someone find the solution?

delphinius81
Rising Star
Are you sure those apps are updated to support 1.3.2? Not sure if the 1.3.0->1.3.2 sdk update was required for developers, or if 1.3.0 apps would still run if you had 1.3.2 runtime installed.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Everything using SDK 1.3.0 and forward should work. However, you will need to be using a newer version of Unity patched with the new Oculus plugin. See the downloads page (you need Unity plugin and Oculus Utilities with Unity 5.3.4p6):
https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/