cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to PC SDK 1.5 and Oculus Rift will not display anything in Unity 5.4.0b22

olykken
Honored Guest
So today I updated to the latest drivers for Oculus rift and after I restarted Oculus my project in Unity 5.4.0b22 will run in play mode and in the scene view I can see that the sensor is picking up the head tracking but for some reason the headset is totally black along with the game view on the editor console. The error <RI.Hid> Failed to create device file popped up once at when i first opened Unity but it went away after i pressed play and has not come back yet the headset still will not display anything. Is anyone else having this problem/ does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening to me? I've tried reinstalling the Oculus runtime and the drivers and the SDK support for Windows but all have failed to get the headset to display.
1 REPLY 1

olykken
Honored Guest
Nevermind I figured out that after updating the graphics card software I had to uninstall all Oculus plugins, add-ons, and the runtime. I then restarted my computer re-downloaded all the Oculus stuff, restarted my computer again, and the problem was fixed.