Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

How do i make the OVRCharacter Controller have mass and be a rigid body?

VRfriend2016XVRfriend2016X Posts: 144
Hiro Protagonist
I say this because i want to be pushed by forces like if a  plank of wood falls on me with force it should rotate me in the updown axis at least alittle bit. So i need mass and i need to be a rigid body object. I WOULD DESELECT ROTATION for falling flat on my face or on my back and flip over but i would allow rotation( there are check boxes or at least there were in Unity 4) in the up and down axis.
THe thing is do i just add a rigid body to the characcter OVR controller and that will accomplish all i talked about? or do i need to do more?   If i'm a rigid body with mass will walking be difficult and slow? (XBOX controller)
Tagged:

Comments

• vrdavebvrdaveb Posts: 1,596 Oculus Staff
    Usually it isn't a good idea to move the camera when the user didn't really move. It makes people uncomfortable (nauseous) because the motion their eyes see doesn't match the motion their body feels. If you are sure you really want to do this, maybe use http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php?title=RigidbodyFPSWalker instead.
  • VRfriend2016XVRfriend2016X Posts: 144
    Hiro Protagonist
    Oh ok. I wont do it. I just didn't know. but thanks for the tip. you sound like an intelligent person