Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

APK Validation Failed

I keep receiving the same errors when I use the Submission Validator and when I try to build my project in the Oculus Dashboard.

I have located the AndroidManifest.xml file and I know to add android:excludeFromRecents="true" to the <activity> section and to change <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" /> to <category android:name="android.intent.category.INFO" />.

The issue is that a new AndroidManifest.xml file is generated with every .apk build in Unity. I'm not sure how to change the default .xml file produced to reflect the changes that need to be made.

I am also confused about the Android SDK version. I am using SDK version 25, not 9. It is building with the results <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="9" android:targetSdkVersion="23" />. 

If anyone knows a way to change the AndroidManifest.xml file before the .apk file builds in Unity, the knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• New update, by making edits to the AndroidManifest.xml file in the Staging Area and moving it to my Assets/Plugins/Android folder within my project, my .apk built without the SDK version error, I changed it to read <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="19" android:targetSdkVersion="23" /> from <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="9" android:targetSdkVersion="23" />.

I also added the android:excludeFromRecents="true" to the <activity> section and the second error disappeared.

Now I am left with the first error.

My .apk will not build if I change the AndroidManifest.xml file to read <category android:name="android.intent.category.INFO" />. I get an error in Unity which reads:

This prevents the .apk from building. I am not sure what to do next.
  • Everything is fixed! Instead of selecting Build & Run, I just selected Build since Unity was trying to push the .apk to my phone to be launched immediately. Everything uploaded perfectly! :)
  • zed8.frzed8.fr Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Hi Can You explain me how to access the AndroidManifest.xml please ?