i using functions of the platform SDK, but the ue4 editor crashs — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

i using functions of the platform SDK, but the ue4 editor crashs

bazhuadyeubazhuadyeu Posts: 4
NerveGear
edited August 2016 in Platform SDK Development
hi,i'm a newbie trying to use platform SDK in my ue4 project, got a problem here:
i add some functions of platform SDK in my ue4 project such as "ovr_PopMessage()" or "Online::GetIdentityInterface()‐>GetUserPrivilege()"
the functions completed fine, but once i call them in the blueprint, the ue4 editor crashs,does this simply because i'm not downloaded the app from oculus store with a indentified accunt ?
Tagged:

Comments

• brian_jewbrian_jew Posts: 62 Oculus Staff
    Do you have a screenshot of how you are calling it in a blueprint?  For the UserPrivilege(), we have it wrapped in a blueprint as "Verify Entitlement"  You should be able to find that in Oculus|Platform
  • bazhuadyeubazhuadyeu Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    @brain_jew thank you for reply, i add those codes into a c++ actor class BeginPlay(), complete them then add the actor into map, trying to update achievement process then show them (maybe i can do this by just blueprint? :D if so please tell me)
    after that when i press play button the editor crashs immediately, and i have no idea what causes this..

• bazhuadyeubazhuadyeu Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    @brain_jew i also tried to use native api, it also makes editor crash
    codes as below:
    pollboardmessage() runs well, but "ovrMessage *response = ovr_PopMessage();"  will cause a crash.
    please tell me if any stupid mistake i have made  :|