Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Does rift support windows 10 application from unity ?

OmerEizenOmerEizen Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hi everyone , 
I want to know if i will be able to build UWP windows 10 application for PC using Oculus Rift cv1.
Thanks !

Comments

• pjennesspjenness Posts: 686
    Neo
    UWP?

But if you mean can you use unity to make a VR application with CV1...totally yes. Unity and Oculus (OVR) work well together. There is tonnes of info in the developrs section of this web site

-P
    Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical

Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS?
    https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349
  • delphinius81delphinius81 Posts: 297
    Nexus 6
    UWP is universal windows platform - it's basically something packaged for distribution through the Windows store. Unity allows you to build things for the Windows store by selecting the Windows Store build target. I have no idea if native Unity VR or the Oculus Unity tools are compatible with that build target. You'd have to try it out yourself.
  • vrdavebvrdaveb Posts: 1,596 Oculus Staff
    There is not currently an easy way to ship Unity-based Oculus apps to the Windows Store. The native Oculus PC SDK supports UWP, which is how Microsoft shipped Minecraft. We plan to add UWP + Oculus support to Unity at some point, but the priority is currently low and I don't expect it to be available for at least a few months.
  • OmerEizenOmerEizen Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Thank you Dave and the others :smile:

• cpa_mediacpa_media Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Any update on the status of Unity-based Oculus apps with UWP?
  • mkanakismkanakis Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi, 

Any updates on supporting UWP with Unity?

Thanks in advance.