Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Entitlements.IsUserEntitledToApplication() callbacks never called

I'm trying to integrate Oculus leaderboard into my Unity game for Gear VR, but when I call Oculus functions like GetUserProof(), Leaderboards.GetEntries() or Entitlements.IsUserEntitledToApplication() callbacks are never called. I noticed that CallbackRunner.cs script which contains Request.RunCallbacks() was not set to any object, but even after I set it to an empty game object nothing happened. 

Has anybody had the same problem before? Is it a problem with the sdk or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• imersoimerso Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    edited July 2017
    OK so, even being the above post slightly old, just to help someone else looking for a solution to this problem I decided to answer here, as this was the only post to these forums which is related to the problem I had today.

After a deep refactoring to make my game able to easily switch between different HMD's and seamlessly use their proprietary user management systems, I have pulled my hair today for several hours because of this very same problem: Entitlements.IsUserEntitledToApplication() not showing any error but also not calling back.

I could not find a reason, until I decided to check logcat -- which was also a bit of a pain with all that DEVELOPER MODE! DEVELOPER MODE! spamming from OVRPlugin...

But then I finally found in the logcat that actually, there was an unrelated exception that I inserted myself, and it was not being reported outside of logcat.

So, my advice to find hidden bugs like this one is: check the logcat thorougly!!!