Testing from Unity without an Oculus — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Testing from Unity without an Oculus

TomBrad95TomBrad95 Posts: 1
NerveGear
I'm currently at university and I need to create a VR game in unity however, I can't just create and test while at university on an actual Oculus, does anyone know of any programs or pieces of software that could emulate an Oculus or VR experience on a PC without the actual device?

Best Answer

• vrdavebvrdaveb Posts: 1,596 Oculus Staff
    Accepted Answer
    Unity 5.4 allows you to use a dummy VR device. If you add it to the list in Player Settings, after Oculus, it will automatically be used when a Rift isn't available.

Answers

• SatsarkSatsark Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    vrdaveb said:
    Unity 5.4 allows you to use a dummy VR device. If you add it to the list in Player Settings, after Oculus, it will automatically be used when a Rift isn't available.

This doesn't work, like at all.
  • SatsarkSatsark Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    vrdaveb said:

This Doesn't seem to actually let you look around. Nor does it show any 'hands' or emulate any of the functionality of the controllers.