Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus Platform - InviteUser

ArtDevVOArtDevVO Posts: 11
NerveGear
Hi,

When I get a UserList with Rooms.GetInvitableUsers, each User has a InviteToken but when I use Users.GetLoggedInUserFriends(), each User has a InviteToken which is null ...

Do you know why ?

Thanks in advance !

Comments

• brian_jewbrian_jew Posts: 62 Oculus Staff
    Hi Art.  The Invite Tokens are a one time use token which is why they are only present in Rooms. GetInvitableUser().  In order to send an invite to that same person again you need to get a new invite token with Rooms.GetInvitableUser().  Users.GetLoggedInUserFriends() doesn't necessarily mean that you're trying to invite someone, so it's not generating one time use invite tokens.

See for more details: https://developer3.oculus.com/documentation/platform/1.5/tasks/dg-cc-room-invites/
  • ArtDevVOArtDevVO Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    edited October 2016
    Thanks, I understand now.

So, if I want create new UserList to invite with only my friend. I need to use GetLoggedInUserFriends first, then GetInvitableUser and compare to find the InviteToken of my friends ?

Or, maybe the RoomJoinPolicy of my room influence the result of GetInvitableUser ? (Everyone, FriendsOfMembers, FriendsOfOwner, ...)
  • ViaccessOrcaDevVRViaccessOrcaDevVR Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    It works but ...
    I have three accounts to test my demo with two or more users in my room.
    My three accounts are friends each others.

But when I call GetInvitableUser(), UserList is not good :
    - Account 1 : UserList contains only Account 2
    - Account 2 : UserList contains only Account 1
    - Account 3 : UserList contains Account 1 & Account 2

I test LaunchInvitableUserFlow() but the result is the same...

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance !
  • ArtDevVOArtDevVO Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    I found why...
    It was the account's privacy settings ...