cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not seeing Invite UI when invoking LaunchInvitableUserFlow

hippovision
Honored Guest
I'm invoking LaunchInvitableUserFlow(roomID) and the Options menu is showing, but there is no Oculus UI showing regarding inviting friends.

Has this feature been implemented yet? or am I not seeing it for some reason? (e.g. no friends to invite)

Any help would be appreciated, I think I might be going insane!
6 REPLIES 6

charles_beyer
Protege
Yeah, this is working.  Perhaps the person you are trying it invite is either not a friend or not entitled to the App.

BobScott
Protege
hippovision - did you ever get this to work?  I'm having the same problem...

r0b0saru
Expert Protege
I am also having the same problem on Rift, but it works fine on Gear VR. @BobScott
and @hippovision, did you ever get this to work?

BobScott
Protege
I had not actually installed the app I was trying to invite friends to (developing and running inside VS2015).

r0b0saru
Expert Protege
Thanks @BobScott, just confirmed this myself! Much appreciated!

SURV_0hmxj8
Honored Guest
Thank you soooo much Bob Scott. I just wasted like 2 days trying to figure out why this UI was not working on PC. And your comment is the only place I've ever seen it mentioned that you need to have it installed from the oculus app for this to work. even when I am building directly from VS. 

@OculusSupport
Is there anyway this information can be added to the documentation or ideally fixed so you dont need to have it installed through the app if you are doing development work. Adding it to the docs really should happen, i cant imagine how many other people have had this problem as well.