Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Invalid Package Name

BuildVR3000BuildVR3000 Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited November 2016 in Unity Development
I am attempting to submit an update to an app already on the Oculus Store. Despite the packages both having the same name I am receiving the following error: Invalid Package Name The package name for an app can't change, and must be the same for every version of the app. Please upload a version with the correct package name. I have double checked the app name and it is definitely the same. I have rebuilt a couple of times and been unable to get past this issue. Has anyone seen anything similar? Cheers Tom

Comments

• vrdavebvrdaveb Posts: 1,596 Oculus Staff
    Can you dropbox me (in a PM) the APK you're trying to submit or the output of an “aapt dump badging foo.apk” and “aapt dump xmltree foo.apk AndroidManifest.xml”?
  • MarkHenryCMarkHenryC Posts: 33 Oculus Start Member
    edited June 2018
    Rather than start a new thread, I'd like to report the same issue here. I'm pretty sure nothing has changed. Certainly not the package name for the past 2 years. I'll assume your offer still stands, so I'm sending a PM of the dump you requested from the OP.

UPDATE: scratch that. Downloaded a previous release, ran the aapt tool & saw that it had the correct bundle ID but my latest upload had a very old one. In reworking my build scripts I must have inadvertently renamed the bundle ID. Excuse me while I hit myself over the head a few times with a plank of timber.
  • hessvaciohessvacio Posts: 28 Oculus Start Member
    Hey, I am having the same problem what was the fix for this issue?