I've seen a lot of similar questions in the Unity section, but I couldn`t find a solution. Also I`m pretty new to this, so please keep in mind that I`m not an expert. I`m using Unity 5.4.1f1, Oculus Utilities 1.9 and the CV1.What I want:
What I`ve tried:
- I want to basically stream motion capturing data to Unity and use my CV1 as (just) a screen. -> Only using mocap data for position & orientation.
- I want to achieve that with the best possible performance.
- My application should allow the user to juggle with kegs or catch balls. Nothing too crazy.
- Seems like turning off Oculus support and use the CV1 als second screen resolts in a bad experience.
- Writing a script to cancel out the CV1 tracking data and set it as parent of the camera results in a lot of unnecessary traffic.
- Most of the stuff I read was older than 6 months. Is there a way now to turn of sensors/tracking data or select it?
- Can I achieve what I want in Unity?
- Can I achieve what I want outside of Unity? -> Is there any way at all or is the CV1 simply not meant to develop?
It`s my thesis to topic to use mocap data instead of the build in tracking data, so please don`t answer with "just use the build in tracking data". I wouldn`t mind downgrading if it works and is compatible with the other stuff.
I appreciate any helpful comment on this, since im realy stuck right now.