Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Issues with Incorrect Floor Level and "Floaty" Guardian Boundaries (Unity)

owlboyowlboy Posts: 20
Brain Burst
What am I overlooking when it comes to basic Oculus HMD integration and Unity? My floor is a Y0. And I'm using the OVRPlayerController prefab at the moment. But I have the same issue with a generic camera too.

The floor is higher than it should be. And guardian is not in sync with the rest of the world geometry. It seems to "swim" or move in kind of a parallax effect slightly out of sync with the world. It is correctly and aligned with the real world.

Both of these things work as expected in Oculus Home and other apps.

Comments

• owlboyowlboy Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    edited December 2016
    I really have no idea what is going on. I keep changing things and sometimes guardian is stable, but then my eyes are level with the floor. When my eye height ends up higher, but still not correct, I get the guardian barrier wonkiness.
  • delphinius81delphinius81 Posts: 297
    Nexus 6
    I've noticed wonkiness with guardian if the HMD is not on my head before playing. It's like some initialization stuff does not apply (such as changing guardian system mesh color) if executed when the HMD is not active. Have you noticed anything similar?
  • vrdavebvrdaveb Posts: 1,596 Oculus Staff
    > The floor is higher than it should be.

Since our calibration process doesn't directly measure the floor height, we have to infer it from your head pose in the sensor setup process (where you stand in the middle of your play area and pull the Touch trigger) and your reported height. If the floor is too high, try adding the difference to your height in the setup process.

> guardian is not in sync with the rest of the world geometry

That is odd. Home uses Unity. Which version are you on? Is this only happening in the editor? If it happens in standalone, can you share a screenshot of the Unity profiler while your app is running?

> wonkiness with guardian if the HMD is not on my head before playing

Thanks for reporting this. We'll take a look.
  • stevedelatorrestevedelatorre Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    owlboy said:
    What am I overlooking when it comes to basic Oculus HMD integration and Unity? My floor is a Y0. And I'm using the OVRPlayerController prefab at the moment. But I have the same issue with a generic camera too.

The floor is higher than it should be. And guardian is not in sync with the rest of the world geometry. It seems to "swim" or move in kind of a parallax effect slightly out of sync with the world. It is correctly and aligned with the real world.

Both of these things work as expected in Oculus Home and other apps.
    Same