cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVRAvatar rendered parts freeze upon loading new scene when using DontDestroyOnLoad

rbennett22
Explorer
In  Unity, if I run the OVRAvatar "Controllers" sample scene, I can see the Avatar parts (hands and controllers) working correctly.  If I load another scene that also has an OVRCameraRig and an OVRAvatar, then it works correctly.  However if upon loading a new scene I want to keep the same OVRCameraRig and OVRAvatar GameObjects (ie. by calling DontDestroyOnLoad on them so they stick around, and not having second instances of them in the second scene), then the OVRAvatar parts freeze upon loading the second scene. (Actually both hands freeze and the right controller freezes, but the left controller remains active, oddly enough).

Because of the way I have organized my game project, it is much preferable to me to keep the same OVRCameraRig and OVRAvatar GameObjects around if possible, rather than having new instances in every scene.  Is it possible to do this while not breaking the OVRAvatar parts?

Please let me know if I can provide any further information of use.
1 REPLY 1

rbennett22
Explorer
A Partial Solution I've found is to load additional scenes additively instead of using DontDestroyOnLoad.  Hoqwever it's still not quite ideal, because it will require reworking my project's scene structure.  So if a solution does exist for using DontDestroyOnLoad, I would still be glad to hear about it.