cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Gear VR] Oculus Mobile SDK 1.0.4 in UE 4.15 ?

motorsep
Rising Star
Should we expect Oculus Mobile SDK 1.0.4 to be in UE 4.15 ?
6 REPLIES 6

motorsep
Rising Star

It doesn't seem like Epic has any plans to include Mobile SDK
1.0.4 with 4.15. 

It looks like 4.15 is already locked down as previews of it are already
available on GitHub.

Ouch. 1.0.4 has been out for a while and not only it didn't make it into 4.14, but now also into 4.15 😞

Any idea what's going on? Will it make it into 4.16 or maybe 1.0.5 will be in 4.16 ? (that's if there will be 1.0.5)

motorsep
Rising Star
@imperativity

So, should we expect 4.16 to have 1.0.4 or newer SDK or do we now have to build from Oculus repo to keep SDK up to date ?

motorsep
Rising Star

@motorsep

That would be what the general thought process is at this time. I'll let you know when I get any realistic time-frame or update. 

So every tagged release in Oculus repo contains everything related to Gear VR up to date?

Do I need to follow any special instructions to build and run Oculus UE4 ?

motorsep
Rising Star

Yes, and I've received word that as there wasn't any new functionality in the new mobile SDK, it was a deliberate on our part not to include it. The new VRDiver implements the same API as before.

That's odd to hear, because this is new functionality in 1.0.4 per release notes https://developer3.oculus.com/documentation/mobilesdk/latest/concepts/release/ :

Long-press back button handling (including gaze timer rendering) and recenter-on-mount are now detected and handled directly by VrApi. Applications should no longer implement this logic.

The VrApi Loader is now Java free, further reducing the number of dependencies an application is required to link against.

• Gaze Cursor Timer is now rendered automatically in VrApi as a TimeWarp Layer.
  • Back-button long press handling and recenter-on-mount are now handled directly by VrApi. Apps should not implement this logic any longer.

moulder6
Protege
imperativity said:

When 1.0.4 support is added, the built in gaze cursor and long-press handling will be removed

Could u elaborate why are these going to be removed?

moulder6
Protege

Could u elaborate why are these going to be removed?

Sorry, I meant that they would be moved from the integration to the VRDriver.

Thanks for clarifying!