cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

libvrapi Understanding/Source Code/Documentation

gtushar31
Honored Guest
Hi,
I am a VR developer and I was wondering if making changes to the libvrapi functions is possible. If order for vrapi_GetCenterEyeViewMatrix(), i was hoping to replace my code but I am stuck with what kind of input does that function take. Anyplace where we can find the non compiled version of the .so file or else any documentation explaining the source code functions and variables.
1 REPLY 1

GEMISIS
Adventurer
I would take a look at the documentation here, as this goes over everything in the SDK.  If you need to know what a methods definition is specifically, I would take a look at the header files included to figure that out.

For vrapi_GetCenterEyeViewMatrix, this is what I found in VrApiHelpers.h (see VrApi->Include folder):

// Utility function to get the center eye view matrix.
// Pass in NULL for 'input' if there is no additional controller input.
static inline ovrMatrix4f vrapi_GetCenterEyeViewMatrix( const ovrHeadModelParms * headModelParms,
const ovrTracking * tracking,
const ovrMatrix4f * input )

So it looks like it takes the head parameters, a tracking object, and then a matrix object, then returns a matrix back, which will be populated with the center eye view matrix (input can be null).

Note that my SDK version is a bit old, so this may have potentially changed, so I would double check this on your download.