Oculus equivalent to HTC Vive Input — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus equivalent to HTC Vive Input

MattRuiz123MattRuiz123 Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited March 2017 in Unity Development
I downloaded an asset from the Unity Asset Store and the input method being tracked in HTC Vive.

I am developing a game in Unity using the Oculus Rift.

I was wondering how I could translate the following HTC Vive input to the rift controllers:

//Reference to Input events for controllers
private Valve.VR.EVRButtonId gripButton = Valve.VR.EVRButtonId.k_EButton_Grip; //(VRInput)
private Valve.VR.EVRButtonId triggerButton = Valve.VR.EVRButtonId.k_EButton_SteamVR_Trigger;//(VRInput)

I tried using OVRInput.Button for the two above and it seemed to compile. But wasn't able to test it since the following below did not work.

//Use this to get consistent reference to This joystick controller thing
private SteamVR_Controller.Device controller { get { return SteamVR_Controller.Input((int)trackedObj.index); } } //(VRInput)
private SteamVR_TrackedObject trackedObj;

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read, SteamVR_Controller.Input((int)trackedObj.index) , uses the trackedObj to get the integer representation of the controller in order for easy access to the controller. 

So how would use OVR in such a way?

Thanks!

Comments

• VRfriend2016XVRfriend2016X Posts: 144
    Hiro Protagonist
    I believe i bought the same product.  Well yeah and it says that it works with Oculus. But it has all that code about steam and Vive. And so we can't convert it to oculus? Then it was a waste of money. oh well. lesson learned :)