This video cannot be played — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

This video cannot be played

rbrsmithrbrsmith Posts: 1
NerveGear
Ok, so I am having this video playback issue with our GearVR app built in Unity3D. If I run the Oculus app from the phone screen, go to our app, and then put the phone into the headset the video will play just fine. If I follow this same pattern with Samsung VR the video plays just fine as well.

However, if I plug the phone into the headset and then navigate to my app it will not play. Just goes to a black screen for a few seconds and then goes back to my app menu. If I use the Samsung VR app I get a "This video cannot be played" on the screen.

The video is Stereoscopic and 4k (4096x2048) Top Bottom, if that makes any difference. The end of the video filename is *_360_TB.mp4

I also noticed that if I convert the video down to 1080p it will play starting that app both ways. So I know it must be linked to the video size (Either resolution, or filesize) The 4k version is 253 MB and the 1080p is 60.5MB. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated