cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreal engine problem

Mondriam
Honored Guest
I've had the SDK1 for several years to test new stuff. It has worked fine for me until I updated unreal engine to the 2.15.1 version. Now the program launches a message that reads "failed to initialize libOVR. CAPI Error: -3001"
This seams to be an issue with the unreal engine people but no one has been able to help me there. I have to assumptions:
1-The sdk1 is so old the new unreal engine simply doesn't supported.
2-I have to install the oculus SDK that contains a foulder called "libOVR" somewhere manually, but I don't know where that is?

Another thing that happened is a downloaded the 1.5 gb oculus set up, it took about 2 hours with my connection speed, and after the installation process it could recognize my connected device, although it was on and working with the legacy "oculus runtime sdk 0.8.0.0" ?
Thanks for any help a really need to solve this asap for a job matter!!

3 REPLIES 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm moving to the development section. Also, none of those numbers you mention make any sense. It seems you are using either really old or incorrect versions. Please see the developer support guides here.
https://developer.oculus.com/support/

Mondriam
Honored Guest
Look man, i've spent 4 days without sleeping at all trying to solve this thing. those numbers don't make sense because my head is not good. Of course is not 2.15 but 4.15.1 and my oculus is the DK1 of course

Jazz-E
Honored Guest
I finally got Unreal to work with Oculus Rift DK 1. Like you spent hours trying to find a solution, so here it is: 
1. I am running Windows 10 (64 bit) 
2. Oculus Rift Legacy - Runtime Version 1.10 (SDK 0.8.0.0)
3. Ensure Oculus works with above first - "Show Demo Scene"
4. Unreal Engine 4.10.4 (4.10)   

Preview VR in Unreal Works. :smile:

I can confirm that no such success with later versions of Unreal. Also Unity Engine (version 5.3.4) works also but issues with later versions. 

Hope this works for you if not already solved it by now!