Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Should my Samsung Gear VR Motion Controller be working already?

Woody3DWoody3D Posts: 56
Hiro Protagonist
My Samsung Gear VR Motion Enabled Controller arrived yesterday, THANK YOU SAMSUNG AND OCULUS! My two modest VR Startups: @SchoolHomeVR & @NextWorldVR will make great and unexpectedly creative use of this powerful tool in disguise.  

My question: Do I have access to the Motion Controller SDK (The SDK available to Oculus Gear VR Developers online)?

I do see a scene called 'GearVRControllerTest.unity'  and when I compile and build it, it shows in my Gear VR,  a seemingly 'live' list of all the Controller devices controls, but DOES NOT update when I press a button, translate or turn the controller,...

Please Help!  I am ready to incorporate the Controller to 3 Apps which are nearly ready for upload! 

I have it paired in the Oculus App, and it saw it right away, BUT I did notice, in the Oculus app under the 'More' menu, the CONTROLLERS Section says 'Coming Soon' underneath the word 'Controllers', that gives me some hope that an update (any minute! :) might suddenly 'enable' my precious gift of a Gear VR Motion enabled Controller!  ...

THANK YOU !
Robert England

Answers

• Woody3DWoody3D Posts: 56
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 2017
    Maybe, it looks like I found my own potential answer, https://www.wired.com/2017/03/gear-vr-just-took-huge-leap-forward-thanks-oculus/
    If any actual Oculus rep could answer that would be great.
  • juanoldinhojuanoldinho Posts: 131
    Art3mis
    Hi,

The following blog post may provide a bit more information, including which Unity version have controller support and how to quickly add the controller to your project:

https://developer.oculus.com/blog/developing-for-the-gear-vr-controller/
    Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hi,

The following blog post may provide a bit more information, including which Unity version have controller support and how to quickly add the controller to your project:

Thanks but, as I said in my post, I STARTED THERE.. I Downloaded the SDK.. Compiled the ControllerTest.unity..   I have no problem with Unity integration. I'm asking other Unity users who have a WORKING controller (if there are any yet).
    Hmmm. I don't want to have to type my whole question again,  How to ask more simply..  THE CONTROLLER IS NOT WORKING..  It does not Pair, it does not do ANYTHING, (even simple functions like in the main Menu)  I can get the light to come on by holding the Home Button (it goes into pairing mode)... BUT there is no way to PAIR it in my GALAXY..  (This is my first Oculus Forum post, Unity is my package, it seemed the right place to ask other Unity ppl..)  Thanks for trying though!  
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited April 2017
    Hi,

Hello!  Looks like an app Workaround is required for Note 4 (etc) Än APK available from Oculus Support
    Hiro Protagonist
    The Controller works wonderfully now on my Note 4.  It's Wonderful!  Anybody happen to know the most advanced version of Unity that supports it?